(1) Six Word Memoirs - I would give myself a B. I think overall things went well, more specifically I think that my pictures captured my topics well. I think what needed work in my Six Word Memoirs was the editing of my photos. Not only that but I think what else needed work was my explanations apropos my photos.
In terms of writing, I learnt about myself that I can go on and on about something without realizing it. When I do realize that I have written a lot on one specific topic, if I go change anything, my paragraph (or however long it might be) then doesn't make sense. I have learnt that I need to get to my point quickly when writing anything.
In terms of being a thinker, I think what I have learnt about myself is that most things take a while to figure out. While doing my six word memoirs, finding words for certain topics was hard but I'm not sure why. Even though it takes me a while, I think in the end they all turned out quite well.
In terms of being a creator, I learned about myself that I can come up with different ways to show my true personality and things that I ball up inside without being too strait forward.
(2) IGNITE presentations- I think what went well was that before spring break, we were told that we would have to find pictures that relate to our topic. For me, that was perfect because I was going on my trip to Europe to study WWII as well as events that took place during that time. So knowing about the project and having a topic in mind to use, was perfect for me. I think what needs work is my presentation skills.
In terms of writing as per the IGNITE presentations, I think I didn't do any. I chose not to write a script for my presentation because I think that doing it on the spot brought back the memories of when I was at the camps. So speaking from the heart, in my opinion for this project definitely made presenting easier. In terms of myself as a thinker for the IGNITE presentation, coming up with the subject of "The trip that changed my life" was difficult, and although I knew I wanted to use pictures from my trip, but I couldn't figure out a topic. I came up with the topic I used for my IGNITE presentation while I was at Awchwitz. The room I was in when I cried, I realized that I wanted other people to experience what Awchwitz and Birkenau were like. It was obvious to me that, no one could really understand what it was like, actually standing inside of the death chamber or just seeing the camps in person. Even though that is true, I wanted my classmates to at least see what the real concentration camps looked like, since we all have been learning about them since grade 6 (for me at least). Finally, as a creator I think that simply the topic of my IGNITE presentation was fairly creative. Not to discourage my classmates topics, but I think that my topic, considering the rest of the topics that were presented was very different and might have had a little more effort put into things. I could be funny and say, "I went to Europe just for this project!" And although I would love to, just for the heck of it, it wouldn't be very polite. What my point on the matter is, is that in my opinion, I think my topic for IGNITE was special in a way that, not too many people can say they've been to Europe specifically to learn about the Holocaust and the wars. Not too many people, from where we live, can say that they've actually stood inside of the 2 latest concentration camps which were used in the Holocaust. All in all, I would give myself a B for this assignment.
(3) Blogging - Honestly, I'm not a very good blogger. I rarely post things to my blog however I am trying to post more. I don't typically visit my classmates blogs and comment. Finally, I am not very good at posting assignments on time. Judging on this assignment, it is obvious I need motivation to be able to post my things on time. All in all I would give myself a C for this portion.
(4) Connecting and Engaging - I would have to give myself a B for this because I show up on time and I am in class everyday. However I don't participate in posting to my classmates blogs.
(5) Course goals for myself as per this course would have to be..
a) Posting more personal posts to my blog and on a regular basis.
b) Posting assignments on time to my blog.
c) Staying on task during class while my friends are all talking around and over me while I am trying to work is difficult, so I may either listen to music more often or move spots. We will have to wait and see if listening to music does the trick. My goal for 'c' is staying on task when we have work to be done in a timely manner.